This exhibition will be an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate our local women: their different faces, roles, achievements, passions and their contributions to our community.
To commemorate this special day, we invite community members of all abilities and backgrounds, aged 12 and over, to submit a photo of a woman (including young women) of Glen Eira who you admire, who inspires you, makes you smile or adds colour and meaning to your life.
This community-inspired photographic exhibition will be formally launched on International Women’s Day on Sunday 8 March 2020 and displayed in Council’s Gallery between 5 and 22 March.
Applications open Monday 16 September and close Sunday 17 November.
If you would like your photo to be considered for inclusion in the Exhibition, please note the following:
- You must agree to the conditions of entry.
- You can submit up to two photo entries for consideration.
- Photos should be of a woman or young woman aged 12 years of age or above.
- Photos should be submitted in high resolution (minimum 1920x1080 pixels or 300dpi) to ensure quality printing of photo.
- Photos submitted must be the original work of the photographer and the entry warrants that the photos do not breach the copyright of any third party.
- Council will be responsible for the printing and display of photos. Photos will be available for collection at the conclusion of the Exhibition as notified by Council. Photos not collected within 30 days of notification may be disposed of at Council’s discretion.
- Online and digital entries are preferred. Delivery of photo negatives or files stored on disc, USB sticks or other formats can be made to the Councils Service Centre at corner of Glen Eira Road and Hawthorn Roads Caulfield during business hours or submitted via post. Please contact a member of the Community Planning and Engagement team on 9524 3333 to arrange receipt of your entry.
- Council may not be able to include all photographs in the exhibition. Applicants will be notified if this is the case.
- Photographers (and their photographic subjects) of all abilities and backgrounds aged 12 years and above who live, work or study in the City of Glen Eira and are encouraged to enter the Exhibition.
- Both the photographer and the subject of photos must give their consent for their photo/image to be used as part of this Exhibition.
- Photographs deemed to be inappropriate or offensive will not be exhibited.