The new bandstand is the first project from the Hopetoun Gardens Landscape Masterplan and will improve access and usage while celebrating the historical elements which make the gardens unique.
Council has secured funding through the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program to complete the living gardens and shelter as part of Council’s 2021/2022 Capital Works Program.
The project is an action from the Caulfield Park Master Plan with its objective to provide a vibrant upgrade to the area and work in with existing garden beds and trees.
The new living garden will include:
- Raised garden beds with a rich variety of vegetation.
- New garden beds to be blended with the existing garden bed.
- A central large, planted mound with possibility of incorporating sculptures within the living gardens.
- A shelter with seating sits within garden beds providing a passive refuge to park users.
- Seating platforms will be located in the central landscape zone providing relaxed seating opportunities.
- A new granitic sand path leads to and winds through Living Gardens Precinct.