- Supportive and friendly team and management
- Flexible working arrangements
- 1 x Part time permanent (20 hours per week)
- 1 x Casual - grant funded until June 2024
- Band 4 $32-$40 per hour
About the role
Operating in a fast paced and dynamic environment, you will be responsible for providing administrative support and also rostering staff that provide in-home support services in a timely manner.
This role sits within the Community Wellbeing team which provides high quality in-home care services supporting older people to live independently at home. These services include home, personal care, domestic assistance, social support and other funded services.
In the role you will:
- Be at the forefront of communication with current and prospective clients and their families.
- Accurately roster staff to deliver a variety of services and times
- Liaise with staff and clients regarding the roster and any changes
- Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake clerical and administrative tasks, updating client details in Council's data base.
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients and staff
Skills, experience and other requirements
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication skills.
- Administrative experience preferably in an aged care, community care or disability service setting.
- Experience or willingness to learn rostering using our information management system (Carelink+)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently and to contribute to the positive team environment
- Ability to prioritise work load according to service and client demands
- The preferred candidate must undergo and maintain a satisfactory police check.
- In accordance with government requirements, the successful candidate must provide evidence they have received an approved COVID-19 vaccination or authorised medical exemption.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
We have a great culture that is valued by all our staff. Teamwork, collaboration and innovation are a key focus at Glen Eira City Council. We will offer you:
- A supportive team environment where your ideas are welcomed
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- A job that is challenging and exciting
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role. You will be also required to answer screening questions which will appear after your application has been submitted.
For further information please contact Audrey Bermingham on 9524 3548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.