- Energetic, fun and positive work environment
- Multiple casual roles available
- Weekend availability a must!
- Gym Instructor Rate: $32.10 per hour + super
- Personal Training Rate: $50- $65 per hour + super (based on experience)
Be part of our team!
We are an energetic, fun and innovative team. We work in one of Australia's premium Health and Fitness centres, and we are looking for exciting, creative and service focused people to join us.
Glen Eira Leisure (GEL) operates two fully serviced facilities, with GESAC one of Australians largest gyms.
Our gym instructors and Personal Trainers deliver daily member appointments, conduct one on one and small group Personal Training sessions, including planning and running HIIT and Functional Strength session in our HD strength bridge, one of the largest in Australia.
About the Position/s
Successful applicants may work across 7 days on a structured roster, completing appointments, organising and assisting with programs and events.
Weekend availability is desirable to ensure full service to our members
In this role you will be required to perform duties of both Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer.
As a Personal Trainer you will develop and conduct personalised sessions for our members, so they can achieve their health and fitness goals. You will be given the tools and support to grow a strong client base without the need to pay rent.
As a Gym instructor you will engage with our members and build strong relationships with members, while supervising the gym floor. Our 'Everybody Welcome' philosophy is something that we live and breathe on a daily basis, and we take pride in our service delivery of our members and guests.
- Efficiently deliver personal training and gym programs
- Planning and delivery of our Strength and Conditioning programs
- Conduct health consultations, re-assessment and program shows to members
- Review, change, and modify exercise programs
- Help provide and run Health club promotion challenges, member engagement and member retention activities
We are looking for motivated and proactive fitness professionals who are passionate and enthusiastic about health and fitness and ready to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Level 2 First Aid with CPR (or be willing to obtain)
- Experience in delivering health & wellbeing programs and personal training sessions
- Knowledgeable of current exercise prescription and methods
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Strength and Conditioning certificate
Glen Eira Leisure has operating hours ranging from 5:30am until 10pm. This role will be required to work within these times and must be available on weekends as well as working across multiple facilities within the municipality.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check, pre-employment medical and employee Working with children for the purpose of employment.
In accordance with government requirements, the successful candidate must provide evidence they have received an approved COVID-19 vaccination or authorised medical exemption.
Working at GECC and GEL
Glen Eira City Council (GECC) is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Glen Eira Leisure (GEL) owns and operates three industry leading aquatic and recreation facilities and prides itself on providing leading edge services to all ages and members of the community. Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre (GESAC) is one of Australia's premier Sports and Aquatic Centres that features state of the art aquatics, fitness, sports, rehabilitation, wellness, café and occasional care facilities. Carnegie Swim Centre (CSC) is a seasonal outdoor pool which has been servicing the community for over 60 years. Caulfield Recreation Centre (CRC) is a fully equipped gym which offers personal training and group fitness classes. With over 1.7 million attendances annually, these popular facilities are widely used by the local and regional community.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
How to apply
Please attach your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and detailing your experience and how it relates to the role. After you submit your application, you will be required to answer a series of screening questions.
For further information please contact Kayne on (03) 9575 7114 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.