- Make a difference in the lives of our residents
- $41.14 - $61.95 per hour (inclusive of casual loading) + superannuation
- Multiple casual positions available to cover shifts across AM, PM & Nights
About the role
We are looking for experienced, caring and professional Registered Nurses to work on a casual basis across a variety of shifts including AM, PM and nights.
You will be responsible for providing exceptional patient-centred care in alignment with best practice standards of nursing and under the direction of our Clinical Care Managers.
Casuals work on an "as required" basis to help cover absences, peak periods and other short-term requirements at Glen Eira's aged care facility, Warrawee Community.
As a casual employee, you will be notified regarding any casual opportunities available. There is no guarantee of ongoing work with Council
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is empathetic, efficient and team focused with exceptional attention to detail.
You will have strong organisational and time management abilities, your capability to communicate and work in a diverse team will be integral.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Registered Nurse with current registration Sound knowledge of the ACFI and the accreditation process.
- Experience in gerontological nursing and current practices.
- Experience in clinical problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and provide on the job training and coaching.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check for the purpose of employment.
In accordance with government requirements, the successful candidate must provide evidence they have received an approved COVID-19 vaccination or authorised medical exemption and Seasonal Influenza Immunisation.
About Warrawee Community
Warrawee Community offers a home-like environment for our residents, comprising of six single storey houses surrounded by lush gardens and grounds. The community is made up of 90 beautifully appointed single rooms featuring a bedroom with ensuite. Warrawee provides peace of mind for its residents whatever care level they choose.
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role. You will also be required to answer screening questions which will appear after your application has been submitted.
To view a position description, visit our careers page at https://www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/about-council/careers/explore-our-jobs
For further information please contact John Fogarty on 9570 2211
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.