Are you a qualified early childhood educator? Interested in being self-employed and running your own business from your home while caring for your own family? Glen Eira's Family Day Care has the perfect opportunity for you!
About the opportunity
Council are seeking passionate and enthusiastic educators to provide a high quality, personalised, professional child care for children zero to 12 years within their own home.
Running a family day care service provides the rare and unique opportunity for you to run your own business from the comfort of your own home with the flexibility of setting the hours that suit your lifestyle.
It also allows you to develop tailored educational programs that focus on the individual outcomes of the children in your care and offer high quality, flexible childcare to families in your local community.
As a Family Day Care Educator, you'll be responsible for things like:
- Setting up the learning environment each day
- Creating exciting educational programs and experiences for the children
- Making a fee schedule and deciding on the hours you want to work
- Following best practice in accordance with the National Quality Framework
Glen Eira Council will provide you with all the tools to succeed, both initially and in an ongoing capacity. This will include:
- Support and guidance from an experienced and professional Co-ordination Unit
- Policies and procedures to guide the operation of your business
- Forms and templates to help you comply with early childhood education requirements
- Home visits to assess the safety of your premises and assist you to create an enriching and nurturing space for children
- Opportunities for professional development and training
Why you should become an educator
As a family day care educator, you can:
- earn a financially rewarding income
- work flexible hours and days
- care for your own children while working
- run your own business
- join a network of child care professionals
- make a difference in your community.
You must be a current resident within the municipality of Glen Eira City Council.
Need to be available for a minimum of three week days per week and for 25 hours per week, however you may nominate your preferred days and hours of care.
You will have:
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Children's Services (or be working towards)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Management of Anaphylaxis
- Management of Asthma
- Police record check (less than 6 months old)
- Current Employee Working with Children Check
- Educators must hold Public Liability/Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Police Record Checks and Working with Children Checks will be required for all people over 18 years living in the home.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a work based medical and safety check on the home.
Full orientation and ongoing training and support will be provided to successful individuals.
Glen Eira Family Day Care is registered with Department of Education and Training (DET) and the Australian Children's Education and Care Qua (ACECQA).
Find out more or apply
For more information or to apply to become an educator, please call the Co-ordination Unit on 9524 3461 or o409 940 389
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people; and
- reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.