- Assist in shaping the future of our communities
- Full-time maximum term appointment until October 2022
- $71k - $83k per annum pro rata + Superannuation
About the role
Working as part of the City Futures team, the Strategic Planner will play a crucial role in facilitating, guiding and support growth of the municipality, while balancing its unique character, heritage, and considering its infrastructure requirements.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategic planning projects
- Prepare consultant study/project briefs
- Read, analyse and report on State and other government policies or legislation concerning strategic land use planning and related issues
- Prepare high quality graphics and maps for various plans and strategies
We are looking for a Strategic Planner with sound problem-solving skills and techniques to address strategic planning issues.
You are proficient in the application of the theories of urban and regional planning and the ability to use these in problem solving. You may have some experience in either Strategic or Statutory planning.
The following is also required:
- Tertiary qualification in urban planning or closely related discipline.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and related legislation and regulations.
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage consultants with the guidance of the Coordinator City Strategy and Place Planning and/or Senior Strategic Planners.
- Understanding of and interest in urban design and how it relates to planning.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check for the purpose of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
How to Apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role.
To view a position description, visit our careers page at https://www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/about-council/careers/explore-our-jobs.
For further information please contact Amanda Haycox on 9524 3421
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.