- Effective communicator - motivates and empowers
- Ability to provide great customer service
- $112k - $126k per annum + superannuation
- Full time, Permanent opportunity
About the organisation
Glen Eira Council is offering a great opportunity for a Rates and Valuation Coordinator who enjoys contact with community and working with a committed team to assist in the provision of services to residents. With rates and charges revenue of $130m covering 65,000 assessments, you will play a vital role managing the rating and valuation functions of Council.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to take ownership of the Rates and Valuation function and will give you the opportunity to lead a customer focused team that supports the organisation and the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Managing the required accounting procedures and processes in the rate and valuation areas.
- Co-ordinating rate and valuation responsibilities.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory returns and reports.
- Implement continuous improvements where appropriate.
We are looking for someone who is a team player that is highly motivated, energetic and driven.
Possessing sound analytical skills and strong attention to detail, you will also be to build quality relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders with confidence and enthusiasm. You will have rates and/or revenue experience and a clear understanding of relevant Legislation.
It is vital you have strong communication skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate a small team.
Qualifications and skills
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or revenue management with specialised experience or lesser formal qualification with relevant experience.
- Effective conflict management and complaints management skills
- Can adapt and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to draft budgets and strategic business plans
- Prepare reports to high standards
Benefits of working at Glen Eira City Council
We have a great culture that is valued by all our staff. Team work, collaboration and innovation are a key focus at Glen Eira City Council. We will offer you:
- A supportive team environment where your ideas are welcomed
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- A job that is challenging and exciting
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role.
For further information please contact John Vastianos on 9524 3434.
To view a position description, visit our careers page at https://www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/about-council/careers/explore-our-jobs.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.