- Contribute to the cleanliness of our community
- Permanent, full-time role
- $58k - $63k per annum + Super + Industry Allowance
About the role
Glen Eira City Council is currently seeking a positive and thorough Care Crew Cleansing Worker to join the team at our Works Depot.
Our Crew Workers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and aesthetic of our community, removing graffiti and litter in shopping strips and car parks and observing and reporting damaged Council assets, acting as the eyes and ears of the municipality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Removal of litter and animal droppings from footpaths, gutters, car parks, garden beds and under street furniture.
- Cleaning of Council street furniture including bins, bin tops and surrounds, benches and bike racks.
- Removal of graffiti from shop fronts and street furniture.
- Reporting of defects to street furniture that requires immediate attention.
To be successful in this role you will have great observation skills and a keen eye for detail. You will be a team player with a great attitude and willingness to go the extra mile. Your consciences and integrity will contribute to the care of your surrounding environment.
The following is also required:
- Ability to competently use equipment, materials and techniques involved in cleaning public spaces.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision when working as a one-person crew.
- Good appearance and pleasant nature to deal with public on site.
- Ability to work every weekend - penalty rates apply!
- Current Drivers licence
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo a police records check and pre-employment medical for the purpose of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role.
For further information please contact Shane Waterman on 0417 596 103 or at email@example.com.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.