- Exciting leadership opportunity in a newly created role
- Full time, Permanent position
- $104+ per annum plus super
About the role
We are seeking a highly experienced and enthusiastic nurse with strong leadership skills to join Glen Eira's Enhanced Maternal and Child Health (EMCH) team in this newly created role!
As the EMCH Team Leader you will support the MCH Coordinator in ensuring the effective, reliable and professional delivery of the EMCH Service as well as supervising all EMCH nurses, Outreach nurses, sleep and settling services and Parent support workers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the triage of new referrals and transition of current clients back into the Universal MCH service
- Act as a point of contact for DHHS Child Protection and specialist services
- Attending case conferences and network meetings.
- Managing the daily, weekly and monthly workloads of all EMCH staff
- Providing accurate and timely reports to the Maternal and Child Health Coordinator.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures within Enhanced Maternal and Child Health
- Ensuring staff adhere to policy and practise guidelines
- Providing critical incident debriefing when necessary
The key things for us is that you are an exceptional leader, have extensive experience working in the MCH Services and want to help provide excellent Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services to the Glen Eira community.
You will be hardworking, approachable and can work as a team member. As well as have the ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop employees.
Skills and Experience
- Maternal and Child Health Qualifications or equivalent
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse and Midwife
- Knowledge of the early years sector which includes reviews, reports and legislative requirements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the current frameworks and policies that inform both the Universal and Enhanced MCH Practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of Quality improvement and how this translates into MCH Practice.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo and maintain a police records check and hold a current Employee Working with Children Check for the purposes of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- Attach your resume
- Attach a separate cover letter
- Address the screening questions. (Please note the questions will appear after your application has been submitted.)
For further information please contact Martina Brennan on 0417 056 484.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.