- Diverse and Challenging Projects
- Full time, Permanent role
- $86K - $94K per annum + Super
We are seeking a Traffic Engineer who is passionate about planning, engineering and innovation to join our Projects and Infrastructure team.
As a Traffic Engineer reporting directly to the Coordinator Traffic Engineering, you will:
- Undertake investigations and prepare correspondence in response to Council and public requests.
- Analyse and evaluate proposals with the appropriate traffic engineering techniques, including computer based methods.
- Collect and update necessary traffic data.
- Prepare conceptual designs under supervision for traffic engineering works.
- Prepare funding applications and documentation for State and Federal Grants for traffic and road management.
- Provide a working knowledge of the provisions of Acts, Regulations, Australian Standards, Austroads Guides and VicRoads guidelines relevant to traffic engineering.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in traffic engineering and who has:
- Substantial experience in traffic and transport engineering, preferably within Local Government.
- Detailed knowledge of the provisions of the Acts, Regulations and Australian Standards relevant to traffic engineering.
- Knowledge of relevant VicRoads standards and Australian traffic engineering guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation - both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Victorian Drivers Licence.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo and maintain a police records check for the purposes of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
Please attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role.
For further information please contact Robert Jankovski on 9524 3396 or email Rjankovski@gleneira.vic.gov.au
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and well being of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.