- Make a difference to the lives of children and their families
- Part-time, permanent role (32 hours / 4 days per week)
- $51-$54 per hour + super
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic nurse to join our dynamic, innovative and passionate Maternal and Child Health Team.
In this position you will support our high quality Maternal and Child Health Service by providing a range of efficient and comprehensive services to families and children from 0-6 years across the Glen Eira Municipality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse and midwife.
- Tertiary qualification in Maternal and Child Health Nursing.
- Current driver's licence and own vehicle.
- Employee Working With Children Check (or willing to obtain).
- Knowledge of relevant issues and legislation that currently impacts families and MCH.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the frameworks and policies that inform MCH Practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of continuous quality improvement within MCH practice.
- Understanding of issues facing families with young children and an ability to work from a strengths-based, family centred approach.
Please note the successful candidate must be willing to undergo and maintain a police records check for the purposes of employment.
Working at Glen Eira City Council
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our 1,600 employees bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible work environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
Recognised as an Employer of Choice, we seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create positive local impact.
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- Attach your resume
- Attach a separate cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role
- Address the screening questions. (Please note the questions will appear after your application has been submitted.)
For further information please contact Simone Dixon on 0417 056 484 or email Sdixon@gleneira.vic.gov.au
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to:
- providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees;
- receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people;
- reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.