- Exciting role within a passionate, committed and highly driven team
- $86-94K p.a + Super
- Full time, permanent role
About the role
Glen Eira City Council is looking an experienced and motivated individual to join our Planning and Building Compliance team as a Building Inspector.
As a Building Inspector you will coordinate and provide Building Inspections on behalf of Council in accordance with relevant acts and regulations. You will also provide expert advice and provide responsive customer service to the Glen Eira community.
Further, this role will require you to investigate complaints and breaches of relevant building acts and regulations and have the ability to coordinate and carry out the appropriate action to ensure compliance.
You are an experienced Building Inspector with excellent judgement, efficient and team oriented with exceptional guidance skills and attention to detail. With excellent communication and time management abilities, your ability to assess and interpret current legislation and policy will be integral.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A current registration as a Building Practitioner from the Building Practitioners Board in the category of Building Inspector Unlimited or Limited.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the building industry, which must be kept up to date with current techniques, materials, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of the latest Building Regulations, Acts and Codes
- Previous experience as a Building Inspector in a Municipal or Private Building Surveying office would be an advantage.
- The Ability to perform as an intricate team member within the organisation.
- Proven skills in the handling or dealing with complex issues.
- A current Driver's License
Please note that applicants must be willing to undergo a Police records check and hold or be willing to obtain an Employee Working with Children Check for the purposes of employment.
About Glen Eira City Council
Glen Eira City Council aims to be an organisation that is high performing, values based and one that strives for innovation. We are proud of our achievements and have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2019. We Endeavor to recruit people with who share our values, are proud of the work they do and have a desire to make a difference to our community
We will offer you:
- A supportive and collaborative team environment where your ideas are welcomed
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- A job that is challenging and exciting
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym membership
How to apply
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- Attach your resume
- Attach a separate cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role
For further information please contact Keith Franklyn on (03) 9524 3255
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
We encourage applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people. We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.
Glen Eira City Council is committed to reconciliation and supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au