- Exciting role with Local Government
- $96K-$108K p.a. + Super
- Full time, permanent role
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator City Strategy and Place Planning, this role will work across internal departments and external groups to contribute to the delivery of the Glen Eira Planning Scheme Review Work Plan and other City Futures projects.
Further, the role will contribute to the development, implementation and review process of strategic land use and development studies, strategies, policies and planning scheme amendments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing technical reports, briefings and papers on strategic planning initiatives and reforms
- Providing advice to Councillors, officers and the community in relation to strategic planning issues
- Preparing and evaluating amendments to the Glen Eira Planning Scheme and presenting submissions to planning authorities, panels and public forums
- Undertaking general studies, planning research surveys, data collection, analysis and presentation of result
- Monitoring new planning developments and concepts from a regional and state perspective and report on suitable changes of strategies policies to Council
You are an experienced Strategic Planner with excellent judgement and efficiency. You are team oriented with exceptional leadership skills and attention to detail. With excellent communication and time management abilities, your ability to assess and interpret current legislation and policy will be integral.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in urban planning or related field
- Extensive experience in strategic planning
- Sound knowledge of planning law and planning legislation
- Specialist skills in analysis, research, plan and policy development and report writing
- Experience in drafting of planning scheme content under the Victorian planning system
About Glen Eira City Council
Glen Eira City Council aims to be an organisation that is high performing, values based and one that strives for innovation. We are proud of our achievements and have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2019. We endeavor to recruit people with who share our values, are proud of the work they do and have a desire to make a difference to our community.
We will offer you:
- A supportive and collaborative team environment where your ideas are welcomed
- Extensive Learning and Development programs
- A job that is challenging and exciting
- Reward and recognition programs
- Comprehensive leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate gym memberships
How to apply
Please include a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role.
For further information please contact Kate Jewell on (03) 9524 3858 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
We encourage applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people. We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.
Glen Eira City Council is committed to reconciliation and supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: 03 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au