Pension rate relief

Under the Municipal Rates Concession Scheme if you a suitable concession card you may be eligible for a rebate on your rates.

What concession cards are eligible?

  • Pensioner concession card — issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — War Widow (WW)
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)

Can I use my healthcare card?

No. Your healthcare card is not an eligible card for a concession on Council rates.

How much concession am I entitled to?

The available State Government concession is 50 per cent of rates to a maximum of $229.40

We are pleased to be able to offer an additional rebate. This brings the maximum rebate to $270 for rates and $50 for the fire services property levy.

Make sure you fulfil these other conditions

  • You must be the ratepayer, which means the name and address on your card is the same as the name and address for your property.
  • The house must be used exclusively for residential purposes. It cannot be a business.
  • The house must be your primary residence.

How can I apply for this rebate?

If you are a new pensioner wishing to obtain this rebate, complete an application form and bring it into us.

Municipal Rates Concession Form(PDF, 124KB)

To have an application form sent out to you, contact us on 9524 3333.

Please note: if you move to a new property, you will need to reapply for this rebate.

For further information, visit