Neighbourhood street parties

Street parties are a great way to promote community spirit but organisation is the key to ensure your street party is fun and safe for all involved.

We support small street parties which are organised by neighbours in their street. However, before the party occurs you will need to be granted consent from us for road closure.

Consent comes in the form of a Local Law permit (also known as a Street Party Road Closure Permit) which stipulates the conditions. Please allow adequate time to organise your street party (at least six weeks prior to the event).

The first step in the process is to obtain a street party kit. The kit contains all the necessary information, instructions and forms required to apply for consent for a road closure. These can be downloaded by using the links below. The Glen Eira Street Party Guide will take you through the necessary steps to obtaining a Street Party Road Closure Permit.

If you have any questions regarding the process for getting a Street Party Road Closure Permit, contact us on 9524 3333.

Glen Eira Street Party Guide(PDF, 162KB)

Application form(PDF, 123KB)

Terms and conditions(PDF, 247KB)

Application for reimbursement form(PDF, 77KB)