The innovative design of our birdie cage golf practice facilities is similar to that of a cricket practice net — allowing golfers of all ages and levels to safely practice their swing without endangering others.
The practice facilities are designed to address the issue of people practicing golf illegally and dangerously in parks, and the need for diverse recreational opportunities in Glen Eira.
- Allnutt Park, Bentleigh (Melway ref: 68 C11)
- Bailey Reserve, Bentleigh East (Melway Ref: 68 K12)
- Caulfield Park, Caulfield (Melway ref: 59 C12)
- Centenary Park, Bentleigh East (Melway ref: 78 B3)
- EE Gunn Reserve, Ormond (Melway ref: 68 E7)
- Glen Huntly Park, Caulfield East (Melway ref: 68 E4)
- King George VI Memorial Reserve, Bentleigh East (Melway ref: 77 K3)
- Koornang Park, Carnegie (Melway ref: 68 H6)
- McKinnon Reserve, McKinnon (Melway ref: 68 G11)
- Packer Park, Carnegie (Melway ref: 68 J8)
- Victory Park, Bentleigh (Melway ref: 77 C2)
Conditions of use
This free facility is available to all residents and is open during daylight hours each day. For safety reasons, only one person is allowed in the facility at any one time.
The following fact sheet also provides information on the dimensions and design of the birdie cage, which may assist other councils wishing to install similar facilities.
Birdie Cage Fact Sheet(PDF, 145KB)