The objective of the Procurement Policy is to ensure that our expenditure on the procurement of goods and services is effective, accountable, lawful and environmentally responsible.
A substantial percentage of our funds are expended through the procurement of goods and services.
The scope of this policy is to ensure our purchasing activities:
- Maximise the benefit to Council, value for money;
- Comply with all legal, statutory and Council requirements;
- Ensure that Council’s rights and obligations are protected;
- Minimise the risk to Council and the community;
- Maintain a consistent, transparent and auditable process;
- Promote fair competition from suppliers;
- Are approved prior to committing Council funds to external parties unless it is impracticable; and
- Prioritise the purchase of sustainable, recycled and environmentally friendly products wherever practicable.
- Incorporate social value principles into the purchase of goods and services.
Download a copy of the Procurement Policy(PDF, 1MB)