Building materials on Council land or any road
General conditions for building material
- No building material shall be placed on any Council land or on any road within the municipality without the issue of a Council permit.
- An application shall be completed and approved prior to the placement of the building material. Enquiries can be directed to Council’s Civic Compliance Department on 9524 3333.
- No building material shall be placed on Council land or on any road without the relevant fee being paid and a copy of current Public Liability Insurance.
- This permit does not cover the placement of a portable toilet. Enquiries should be directed to Council’s Civic Compliance Department on 9524 3333.
- The building material shall be located so that visual or physical obstruction is not caused to vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- The building material shall not be of a nature or placed in such a way to be detrimental to the amenity of the area.
- No building material shall be placed in a right of way (unless a Road Closure Permit has been issued).
- No building material shall be placed on any part of a road pavement that is subject to vehicle standing prohibition under the Road Safety Act 1986 and/or Road Rules Victoria No. P2 28/10/1999.
- The applicant is responsible for appropriate traffic management plans in accordance with the Job Site Management Plan.
- The building material shall not remain on Council land or on any road beyond the date specified in the permit unless prior written approval is given by an authorised officer of Council
- All costs incurred by Council in the reinstatement of any Council asset as a result of the exercise of this permit shall be borne by the permit holder.
How to apply for building materials on Council land or any road
You can register to apply for these permits via our online service. Once registration is approved a confirmation email will be sent to you. Register to apply online
If you are already a registered user please log in. Already registered? Apply now
For further information, contact our Civic Compliance Unit on 9524 3333.