How to raise issues with Council

Outside of consultation processes, community members have a variety of options to comment on Council planning and decision making.

Contact Council’s Service Centre

Council can be contacted by telephoning 9524 3333 or by emailing

Service Centre operating hours:
Monday–Friday: 8am–5.30pm
Tuesday: 8am–7.15pm

Contact a Councillor

The easiest and simplest way to raise an issue with a Councillor is to contact them direct. Councillors are also often present at a range of Council and community events where residents have the opportunity to raise issues with them directly. Contact details for your Councillor can be found here.

Submit a question at a Council meeting

Public questions can be submitted for Council meetings. The public question will be incorporated in full (including all personal information) into the agenda and minutes of the Council meeting at which they are considered. Submit a question at a Council meeting online .

Lodge a formal request or complaint

A customer request or complaint can be lodged through Council’s Service Centre in person, by telephone or email. You can also lodge a formal request or complaint online here.

Present a petition

Petitions may be submitted directly to Council by members of the community. Find out about the correct format for a petition and how to submit a petition here.