Working in Family and Children's Services
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic new staff members for our children’s centres or dedicated home carers.
Children’s service educators
We are seeking applicants to join our friendly children’s centres.
You must have relevant qualifications as well as experience working in children’s services. The ability to work as part of a team is essential, as is dedication to child development and customer service.
For further information, contact us on 9524 3333.
Family Day Care educators
Family Day Care educators are independent contractors registered with us to provide care and education for children in a safe and stimulating home environment.
Glen Eira Family Day Care has been accredited by the National Childcare Accreditation Council (NCAC)/National Quality Framework and is licensed with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD).
We support your role
Educators receive support from our Family Day Care Coordination Unit in the form of:
- regular home visits;
- professional training to update health, safety and child development knowledge;
- a range of age-appropriate equipment from a toy library;
- the coordination unit supplies equipment such as cots, highchairs, prams and mattresses;
- playgroups conducted by the coordination unit;
- ability to set own fees and hours of work; and
- support group with other educators.
Work arrangements and payment
An educator is required to work a minimum of three set days per week. Each educator sets their own fees. An educator’s income will be dependent on the availability of hours to work and the fees set.
Eligibility to become a family day care educator
To be a family day care contractor in Glen Eira you need:
- a police check for all adults over 18 years and living in the home;
- a Working with Children Check for all adults over 18 years living in the home;
- a home safety assessment;
- certified public liability insurance;
- assessment of childcare skills;
- emergency asthma management training;
- current Level 2 First Aid and CPR training;
- Anaphylaxis Awareness training;
- medical check;
- attend orientation; and
- Certificate III in Children’s Services (minimum qualification).
For additional information, contact us on 9524 3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org