Becoming an educator
Operating a family day care business is a very rewarding career. Educators work from home running a small business that they can build on and also develop their current skills and knowledge.
Educators have the benefit of being self-employed whilst supported by Glen Eira Council’s Family Day Care Service. It provides:
- A financially rewarding income.
- Flexibility of working hours/days and holidays.
- A business that can be combined with caring for your own children.
- An opportunity to be part of a network of early child care professionals.
- The satisfaction of making a difference in your community.
- A sense of achievement of operating your own business.
Glen Eira Family Day Care educators are skilled early childhood professionals who are passionate about providing developmentally appropriate, individualised high quality education and care to children.
Benefits of working with Glen Eira Family Day Care
- Rated Exceeding National Quality Standards by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
- Flexibility of educators setting their own fees.
- Council reputation and support systems.
- Experienced and supportive staff
- Processing of payments, invoices sent to parents fortnightly.
- Assistance in recouping money owed.
- Regular free training and professional development opportunities.
- Social gatherings twice a year.
- Regular playgroups and pop-up playgroups.
- Equipment such as strollers, high chairs, etc. is provided free of charge.
- Personal visits and telephone support.
- Thorough orientation process.