Online training that promotes inclusion of people with disability
What is YouMeUs?
YouMeUs — Achieving Inclusion provides an easy way to deliver training to staff and volunteers who are interested in enhancing inclusive practices in their workplace.
Our vision is to promote an understanding of differences in the community, challenge public perceptions of stereotypes, highlight the abilities of people with disability and support the development of inclusive communities.
The YouMeUs training provides an excellent introduction to disability awareness that can be easily incorporated into staff induction and orientation.
The current suite of tools includes:
- A course for Leisure and Sports Centres
- A course for Neighbourhood Houses and Community Centres and Men’s Sheds
- A course for Council staff
- Videos and resources for small businesses to improve accessibility
Benefits of YouMeUs
- convenient — training can be undertaken when staff have time;
- practical — users can complete the training over a number of sessions;
- worthwhile — your staff will have increased confidence in engaging with and awareness of people with disability; and
- hands-on — provides resources to support continued learning after course completion.
To access the course please go to: www.youmeus.org.au
Who is involved in YouMeUs?
YouMeUs — Achieving Inclusion is a MetroAccess initiative brought to you by a collaboration of MetroAccess Local Government representatives including:
- Bayside City Council
- Glen Eira City Council
- City of Greater Dandenong
- City of Port Phillip
- Kingston City Council
MetroAccess is a partnership initiative between the Victorian Department of Human Services and Local Government. The aim of MetroAccess is to build the capacity of local communities across metropolitan Victoria so that they are more welcoming and inclusive of people with disabilities.
For further information about YouMeUs, contact Council’s MetroAccess Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 9524 3333.