Community training opportunities
We provide community groups with the chance to participate in training and networking opportunities through workshops and forums designed to assist with running community groups.
If you have any suggestions for training programs, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community groups: Good governance, great results
An essential workshop for community groups
As volunteer committee members change in community groups and volunteer-based organisations, it is sometimes unclear what key legal and financial responsibilities are part of their role. Here is an opportunity to come along to a workshop designed to give you the knowledge you need to confidently support your community group.
Experienced and passionate facilitator Patrick Moriarty of Our Community will provide a clear overview of the legal and financial responsibilities for not-for-profit organisations.
Patrick will provide:
- an outline of the key legal responsibilities of committee members including incorporation;
- easy-to-use tools and information to help committee members build their community group;
- induction information for new committee members;
- advice on how to build capacity in leadership, managing change and risks;
- details on free resources available for community groups.
Date: Wednesday 28 November
Time: 6pm (6.30pm start)
Where: Duncan Mackinnon Reserve, corner North and Murrumbeena Roads, Murrumbeena
Cost: $5 (includes a light supper)
Bookings are essential through www.trybooking.com/435319
For further information or to book, contact Council’s Service Centre on 9524 3333