The Explorers Program offers a wide range of excursions designed to encourage confidence, a better sense of wellbeing and an opportunity to make new friends. Activities include scenic drives; picnics; luncheons; and movies.
To be eligible to attend the Program you must be:
- a resident of Glen Eira City Council;
- over 60 years of age;
- live independently in your own home;
- experience difficulty accessing public transport;
- have limited access to activities that provide social support and connecting to others; and
- experience some difficulty with your mobility.
The Program is developed at the beginning of every year and participants receive a program prior to the start of each term detailing dates and times; outing locations; cost; departure and return times; and other relevant information.
Outings are held weekly throughout the year (except January).
Excursions are usually very heavily booked and bookings are essential at the beginning of every term.
For further information regarding the program, contact us on 9524 3333.