Payments can be made by the following methods:
- internet via MerchantSuite*;
- by calling 03 9200 8210 with Visa or MasterCard only;
- by mail — send a cheque or money order to GPO Box 1941, Melbourne, 3001 (please do not send cash through the mail); and
- in person (prior to the due date) at Australia Post or at Council’s Service Centre, Glen Eira Town Hall, corner Hawthorn and Glen Eira Roads, Caulfield.
Applications for internal review (appeals)
If you wish to contest a parking infringement that you have received, you may lodge an application for an internal review (appeal).
All applications for internal review must be submitted with the following application form:
Application for Internal Review(PDF, 232KB)
Complete all sections of the form to ensure that your appeal can be processed.
Applications for internal review should include corroborating documents to support the grounds for review (if applicable). For example, letters from doctors, police reports and evidence of mechanical breakdown.
Appeals can be made by:
- emailing the completed Application Form and supporting documents to Glen Eira City Council at email@example.com
- via post to GPO Box 1941 Melbourne Vic 3001; or
- in person at Council’s Service Centre, corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield.
Once an application for internal review is received by Council, an infringement is placed on hold and will not incur any further costs until after the applicant has been advised of the outcome of the review. Even if the due date on the original infringement notice passes, the infringement will not escalate as it is under review.
Under the Infringements Act, Council must make a decision in relation to the internal review within 90 days. However, normal processing time is around 6 weeks. Upon final review of the application, you will be notified of the decision in writing.
The Infringements Act 2006 states that only one review is allowed per infringement.
Further information regarding the parking infringement process can be found in Parking the law and you linked below.
What to do if you were not the driver
Complete the parking infringement nomination form below and send to GPO Box 1941, Melbourne VIC 3001 or fax to (03) 9200 8236.
Parking infringement nomination form(PDF, 143KB)
For further information on parking infringements, visit Glen Eira Parking Services website.
*By accessing this link you will be leaving the Glen Eira City Council’s website. Any payment made through the MerchantSuite website is subject to the terms and conditions of use of that site. Glen Eira City Council accepts no responsibility for any payment or other usage made of the MerchantSuite site and is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from use of that site.