Sport grants and funding opportunities
Council offers not-for-profit community based organisations the opportunity to apply for a Community Grant of up to $7,500 to assist in implementing a project or activity that strengthens community participation in Glen Eira. Encourage physical activity and increase community involvement in local sporting groups.
Examples of projects include those that:
- increase community participation in club activities;
- promote physical activity and play;
- promote disability access and inclusion;
- support scouting or girl guides groups;
- support club development and education;
- support junior sports development;
- increase opportunities in club volunteering; and
- assist clubs in developing best practice risk management strategies.
Community groups also have opportunities to apply for the Community Festival and Events Grant and the Facility Hire Grant. For further information go to and find a grant that might be suitable for you, visit our grants page.
There are also a number of other funding opportunities for sporting clubs and groups. For further information visit the websites below. Be sure to read the guidelines carefully to make sure you are eligible: