EE Gunn Reserve Masterplan
Published on 07 March 2017
At the 5 September 2017 Council meeting, Council endorsed the EE Gunn Reserve Masterplan which provides a vision for the Reserve and will guide future improvements.
The masterplan is a proactive step in addressing the sporting and recreational shortfalls within the Reserve and providing for future community needs. It comes after major works in the adjacent rail corridor altered the amenity and character within the Reserve; most notably the removal of trees along the rail embankment.
Key highlights of the masterplan include:
- Providing a perimeter pathway for walking and exercise;
- Extending and separating the east-west shared pathway around the pavilion and playground;
- Removal of the scout hall;
- Highlighting a potential location for a future pavilion redevelopment;
- The relocation of cricket nets / baseball practise area;
- Formalising Foch Street car parking while protecting and enhancing significant trees; and
- A retaining wall to the north of the tennis courts to provide more usable open space.
The masterplan was developed in consultation with the local community, tenant sports clubs and user groups.
For further information on EE Gunn Reserve Masterplan or contact the Recreation and Open Space team on 9524 3333 or email@example.com