The objective of the Procurement Policy is to ensure that our expenditure on the procurement of goods and services is effective, accountable, lawful and environmentally responsible.
A substantial percentage of our funds are expended through the procurement of goods and services.
Our policy is to ensure that our purchasing activities:
- maximise the benefit to us;
- comply with all legal, statutory and our requirements;
- ensure that our rights and obligations are protected;
- minimise the risk to us and the community;
- maintain a consistent and transparent and auditable process;
- promote fair competition from suppliers;
- are approved prior to committing Council funds to external parties;
- consider the purchase of recycled and environmentally friendly products wherever practicable; and
- develop an awareness of the range of recycled and environmentally friendly products among staff responsible for purchasing decisions.
Download a copy of the Procurement Policy(PDF, 527KB)