Cost of care
Family Day Care is an affordable child care option and we provide care and education for more than 250 children across the municipality.
Glen Eira Family Day Care sets its hourly rates and fees annually. Rates compare favourably with other child care services. Each educator sets their own fees and minimum hours. A copy of their current fee schedule is available on request from the educator.
Assistance is available for eligible families, through Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate under Australian Government guidelines, providing significant support for families considering Family Day Care.
What is Child Care Benefit?
Child Care Benefit (CCB) is a payment from the Australian Government that helps you with the cost of child care. The Family Assistance Office determines the percentage of child care benefit payable based on the family’s combined income. You can choose to receive CCB as an annual lump sum payment or as weekly reduced child care fees.
- use approved or registered child care;
- be responsible for paying the child care fees; and
- have immunised your child (or have a valid exemption).
What is the Child Care Rebate?
Child Care Rebate (CCR) is a payment from the Government that helps working families with the cost of child care. If you use approved child care for work, training or study-related purposes, the Government covers 50 per cent of your out-of-pocket costs up to $7,500 per child per year.
- use a Child Care Benefit (CCB) approved child care service;
- you’re eligible for CCB for approved care, even if you earn too much to receive payment; and
- you and your partner meet the work, training, study test or are exempt from it.
You can estimate your CCB and CCR entitlements by using the child care estimator on the Department of Human Services website.
For further information, contact the Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50.