Disability Reference Committee
The Glen Eira Disability Reference Committee provides an important link between Council, people with a disability and the wider community.
The Disability Reference Committee (DRC) provides advice on issues relating to access and inclusion for people with disabilities by:
- Representing the interests of people with disabilities, including carers and family members.
- Advising on issues and barriers that affect people with disabilities and carers living, working or studying in Glen Eira.
- Responding to relevant policies, reports, research documents and plans.
- Monitoring Council’s Disability Action Plan 2017–2021 Implementation Strategy.
DRC members include people with disabilities, carers, community representatives and disability service providers.
Meetings are held bi-monthly at the Glen Eira Town Hall and membership is reviewed every two years.
Membership is open to people who live, work or study in the City of Glen Eira and:
- have a lived experience of disability;
- are a family member or carer for a person with a disability;
- are a disability service provider; or
- are a community member with interest, enthusiasm and commitment to disability issues.
For further information about the committee structure and purpose, please refer to the Terms of Reference or contact our MetroAccess officer on 9524 3333 or email: email@example.com
Terms of Reference(DOCX, 695KB)
Disability Action Plan 2017–2021(DOCX, 62KB)
Disability Action Plan 2017–2021(PDF, 5MB)